Perry United Methodist Church is about to enter our newly constructed Family Life Center. This new facility has been years in the making. Here are some of the features of this new multi-purpose space:
- Theater-type seating for 500 persons
- Banquet-type events for up to 250 persons
- Commercial Kitchen
- Stage and backstage for all sorts of performances
- Mission workspace
- Gathering and pre-event space in huge lobby
- Accessible space throughout the building
- Multi-purpose space equipped with basketball goals
- Space suitable for all age-levels
- Adequate restrooms with showers
- Total square feet: 12,870
Preparing for our Second Capital Campaign to Fund this Project
We are preparing for a great day of celebration and commitment on Sunday, February 28, 2021. We will have one worship service beginning at 10:45 a.m. in the Family Life Center.
- Bishop Lawson Bryan, our resident bishop, will be here to help us consecrate this space for God's service and to preach at our "grand opening."
- Rev. Craig Hutto, our district superintendent, will be here to participate in the consecration of the building and to participate in worship.
- The service will culminate with a time of financial commitment for the second, three-year capital funds campaign to help underwrite the costs of teh project. Our total debt will be approximately $2.155 million.
- Commitments and Contributions to the Great Tradition-Greater Future 2.0 campaign will be received at any time.
The Spiritual Journey toward Commitment Sunday
A prayer guide has been prepared for the twenty-one days leading to Commitment Sunday.
Preaching themes have been developed for this month based on our goal of listening for God's leadership in how each of us should respond to this opportunity to invest in God's work in this new space.
- February 21: A Beacon of Light, Love and Healing
- February 28: Living Stones: More than Bricks and Mortar (Bishop Lawson Bryan)